Dog Bite Accident
Lawyer Jeffrey Knoll and his team have successfully and proudly represented clients throughout the San Fernando Valley, Woodland Hills and Los Angeles for more than 30 years. In all, we’ve secured tens of millions of dollars in financial rewards for our clients.
If you or a family member has been injured in a dog attack or dog bite, we are here to help. Email us using the email submission form or call us at (800) 954-5459 for immediate help and consultation.Dog Bites are Common
Every seven seconds, a person is bit by a dog. In all, an estimated 4.7 million people are dog bite victims each year and about 800,000 of those bites require some kind of medical attention. The Centers for Disease Control indicates that dog bites are reaching national epidemic status.
The law offices of Jeffrey Knoll can help you protect your legal rights. If you or a loved one are confronted by an at-large dog and get bit with an injury, be sure to follow our simple guidelines below. If you are careful in doing this, it can help you when you pursue legal action against the dog owner.
Do the following:
- Get medical help as quickly as possible
- Call the police or sheriff department and animal control
- Insist the responding police officer or deputy take a report
- Insist that the dog be quarantined as soon as possible
- Ask that the dog be examined for rabies
- If the dog can’t be captured or even located, quickly jot down a description of the dog
- If possible, jot down the name and address of the owner
- Write down the name and address of any witnesses
- Take pictures so you have visual proof of your injuries
- Retain any evidence you might have, such as clothing that is damaged or bloody
Injury from dog bites can be devastating and life altering, especially when the victim is a child. According to studies, children are the most common victims of dog bites and have a higher risk of catastrophic injury to the head and neck area. It’s important to teach your children about dog bite prevention and how to approach dogs. For more information, you can visit the CDC website and search for dog bite prevention.We are Here to Help!
The lawyers at the law offices of Jeffrey Knoll have the depth of experience needed to effectively pursue and win your dog bite case. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, submit the email case form or call us at (800) 954-5459. We promise – if you don’t win your case, we don’t charge you a dime.
The law offices of Jeffrey Knoll serves the greater Los Angeles area, including Canoga Park, Woodland Hills, Chatsworth, West Hills, West and North Hollywood, Northridge, Calabasas, Reseda, Sherman Oaks, Encino and more!
If you or a family member suffers a dog bit injury, you need good help. We’re here to help you!